REVIEW: Cake Make-up by KRYOLAN17:22
Hello Makeupoholics, so here it is my review on my most favorite summer foundation i.e:Cake Make-up by KRYOLAN. Hope you like it and find it helpful.
Moist-applied, intensive-color make-up in the form of compact powder. The base consists of costly constituents of soothing skin creams with moisture regulators.
Cake Make-up is specially designed for application to the neck, décolleté and body. The preparation-specific base has a hydrophobic effect and also resists transpiration.
Cake Make-up is applied, thin and evenly, by a fine-pored, moist make-up sponge. The applied make-up dries quickly and should then be buffed with a dry towel. Cake Make-up is smudge-proof and does not require powdering.
Easily removed with AquaCleans, or with soap and water.
Cake Make-up is available in a variety of more than 42 shades. Weight 40 g
My thoughts about it:
Well I must say its one of the summer’s best foundation I have ever known as it is 100% matte. Especially if you have a very oily skin with breakouts and you want a medium to full coverage (that sounds exactly like ME J ).
It does appear cakey if you apply too much. And you do feel it on your skin as it gives full coverage. So, avoid applying a heavy base in summer .
Currently I am using its Shade: F: 1 and it works well with my skin tone. And I do apply some powder after it but that’s just optional ( let the foundation dry first before applying powder or anything )
|KRYOLAN Cake Make-up Shade : F 1|
|KRYOLAN Cake Make-up Shade : F 1( see how perfectly it gives that matte look ...)|
No fancy packaging but still performs its duty well.
Some important points:
• A medium to full coverage, buildable but it’s little difficult to work with dry texture.
• I do find it DOES last well over 5-8 hours on oily skin ( better to apply some oil control products first ) and more then 10 hrs on dry to normal skin (if applied with a good moisturizer). I usually don’t use any primer underneath, and my skin is really oily in summer, but this works well. It may not be suitable for normal to dry skin types.
• A flawless finish but do set it with powder for best results.
• Application with a damp sponge is a must.
|Pre-Cut Synthetic-Foam Sponge Wedges|
Latex Sponge Wedges
• Quite affordable and gives a professional look.
• Shade selection: a wide variety of shades are available so no worries.
Price: Well it comes with a price tag of Pak Rs. 695( same as Kryolan TV Paint stick ) and you can find it from any big Departmental Store.
Would I recommend it?
Definitely YES for OILY skin types, as it gives full professional coverage with such an affordable price. Not recommended for normal to dry skin but they can give it a try in summer with some good moisturizer.